Pitra Dosha is one of the dreaded Graha Dosh. It is often mistaken as the curse of our forefathers or ancestors. A negative stigma is associated with it. However, Pitra Dosha is a karmic debt of the ancestors and not a curse. This debt needs to be borne or paid by the person associated with Pitra Dosh in his horoscope.
Pitra Dosh is found in the natives’ horoscope when his/her ancestors are bound by some sin or mistake. The sins or wrongdoings need to be atoned by the native in the form of unexpected hardships in life.
What is Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham?
The forming of Pitra Dosh in the natives’ horoscope can Causes several hardships in his life. Unavoidable circumstances Causes major ups and downs in life. This can lead to sadness as well as Causes indecisiveness.
These hardships are the punishments experienced by the natives for the past deeds of their ancestors. This cycle continues until the debt is repaid in the form of either good karma or through punishments.
Few symptoms of Pitra Dosh
- One could face serious issues in one’s profession, social life, family or career path. Hardships and obstacles are inevitable as a result of Pitru Dosh.
- Moreover, there could be trouble in paradise. Not all is well between you and your spouse. Your married life may also undergo severe troubles.
- Knowingly or unknowingly, you end up making several enemies for yourself. People often misinterpret your words and misunderstand your intentions. No matter the effort you put in your work, your superiors fail to acknowledge it.
- Furthermore, Pitru Dosh could create monetary issues for you. You could also land up in debt. .
How to detect Pitra Dosh in your horoscope?
Pitra Dosha reflects in the birth horoscope in the following ways:
- When Sun/ Moon and Rahu are in the ninth house, the house of father, ancestors and destiny.
- When Rahu is placed with Saturn or Jupiter
- Another factor, when Rahu is located in the prime places or at Trikon in the horoscope
- Rahu is in the 2nd or Ashtam bhav
- Venus, Saturn and Rahu, or two of these three are situated in the 5th House of horoscope
- Ketu is placed in the 4th House of horoscope- the native gets the malefic effects of Planet Moon
- Mercury or Ketu or both are situated in 1st or 8th House in the horoscope- Moon is situated in the 3rd or 6th House of the horoscope of the native- The native suffers from the malefic effects of planet Mercury
Due to the dominance of the malefic planets active in Pitra Dosha, several problems are caused in the person’s life span. The dominant malefic planets overshadow the favourable planets in the horoscope, causing unavoidable problems.
What are the negative effects of Pitra Dosh?
- Minimal or no success met in business
- A delay in marriage
- There could be repeated miscarriage
- Poverty could be another effect
- Financial Debts
- Family Disputes
- Addiction to drugs
- Unsuccessful results in examination
- Imbalanced work life or employment issues
What are the remedies for overcoming Pitra Dosh?
To overcome the harmful effects of Pitra Dosha in the horoscope, one can follow simple remedies listed below:
- Pour water in the banyan tree after planting
- You can also provide food to birds and animals
- Observe a fast and perform Shiv Puja on all Mondays during Shravan.
- You may also offer food to the Brahmins or the underprivileged people on every Amavasya
- Perform Pitra Dosha Nivaran Puja. Consult a professional. On your request, we can arrange a Pitra Dosh Puja based on the planetary position of the malefic planets
- Complete Trapandi Shraad
- Worship Lord Vishnu
We also recommend Ruby gemstones to wear for the natives’. Ruby represents the sun. This gemstone can help to strengthen the Sun and eliminate the ill effects of the malefic planets during the Pitra Dosha phase.